The S8+²’s unique load-lock design was conceived to overcome the disadvantages of traditional PVD systems or batch sputtering systems:
S8+² - Part size
- Lower cost per item
- Eliminate the variables of operator intervention, which affects speed, quality and consistency
- Uniformity and reflection in the coating achieved by rotating parts
- Faster and more economical testing and refinement procedure to eliminate expensive, wasteful batch testing procedure
The S8+² can process parts arranged on trays up to 256 mm x 50 mm x 90mm height.S8+² - Performance
Each trays can be processed with a cycle time up to 6 seconds.S8+² - Key technologies
S8+² - Various metals
- The core of the S8+² is the continuous vacuum in the chamber, maintained by a load-lock concept
- Magnetron sputtering process ensures better adhesion of the metal to the substrate
- S8+² is part of the PST Line I system, a complete in-line process for cleaning, base coat, sputtering and top coat
Different metals available to meet any aesthetical or functional results. Materials include:
- Stainless steel
- Many others..
S8+² - Substrate materials
S8+² can metallise the complete spectrum of substrate materials, including all types of plastics currently in use by manufacturers today:
- Many others..
S8+² - Eco-friendly
Compared to the traditional evaporation process, the S8+² is revolutionary. It produces no waste materials and uses only the very minimum amount of metal to achieve the same results with only an ultra-thin coating. When used together with the BT Coating I in PST Line I, it is an unbeatable combination.